Alcohol Standard of Care Expert Witness
Lauren C. Tyson has over 30 years of experience in liquor licensing and compliance at the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and eight years as an Alcohol Standard of Care Expert Witness. Available nationwide to both plaintiff and defense attorneys. In 1991, Ms. Tyson developed and administered California’s award-winning Licensee Education on Alcohol and Drugs (LEAD) Program. Since then, over 200,000 business owners and employees have been trained. She provides research and expert opinions in these areas:
- California liquor laws and regulations, license types, rights and privileges
- Standard of care for selling and serving alcohol
- Responsible beverage service training and safe alcohol policy
- Service to obviously intoxicated guests and over-service
- Service of alcohol to minors and permitting consumption by minors, laws and carding
- Disorderly house and restaurants operating as nightclubs and bars
- Relationship of alcohol to underage drinking, violence, injuries and traffic crashes
Liquor License Consulting for Businesses
Are you an ABC license applicant or licensee? Do you have an idea for a liquor business? We provide help and advice for:
- Feasibility Studies – Do you need advice on whether your business idea or location would work? If so, we do the research and provide a comprehensive written report quickly—usually within 10 business days or sooner.
- Liquor License Applications – Are you stuck with your liquor license application? Is the ABC asking for a Letter of Public Convenience or Necessity? Do you need help with writing a Letter of Non-Interference? We can help, and our writing ability is unmatched.
- Conditional Use Permits & Zoning Variances – These land-use permits can be time-consuming and costly. We have a track record of 100% success in getting these approved for our clients.
- ABC Citation – Have you been cited? You need to know what is ahead and your options. We provide the answers you need and provide ideas and solutions for reducing your risk of problems in the future.
Contact us to get started with any of these services today.