Vast ABC experience means you get the best
Liquor License Advisor provides expert advice and guidance on liquor license issues. We help license applicants, licensees, event organizers, concerned citizens, planning department officials, and lawyers.
LAUREN C. TYSON founded Liquor License Advisor in 2009. Before this, Lauren worked for the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) for 29 years as an investigator, supervising investigator, and district administrator. Some career highlights:
- Designed and managed the state’s award-winning Licensee Education on Alcohol and Drugs (LEAD) training program
- Instrumental in design of the Grant Assistance to Local Law Enforcement (GAP) Program
- Planned and directed field ABC enforcement in Southwestern and Western Los Angeles County (Inglewood District Office)
- Handled and supervised hundreds of ABC licensing and enforcement investigations
- ABC hearing advocate at more than 300 ABC hearings such as license application denials, protested license applications, and license suspension and revocations.
It takes a combined effort by State and local law enforcement, the alcohol industry, and the community to prevent alcohol-related harm. A liquor license is a privilege, not a right. Along with the privilege come responsibilities. Bar owners must be proactive in managing alcohol sales. Otherwise, they risk losing their license. We’re committed to helping prevent problems in the first place—for everyone’s benefit.
We specialize in liquor license advisory services throughout the United States. Effective August 1, 2019, our office is in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Most consultations are done by email and telephone.